This notice is adopted by: Alister MacKenzie Apparel LLC, its participating partners which are part of the Alister MacKenzie service system, and other entities which directly or indirectly are controlled by Alister MacKenzie (each, an Affiliate, with Alister MacKenzie and its Affiliates being collectively referred to as Alister MacKenzie).
Alister MacKenzie understands your concerns about the privacy of data you may submit through this Alister MacKenzie Web site. This notice provides you information about what type of information is gathered and tracked on the Web site, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. You may also want to review Alister MacKenzie’s Privacy Principles which set forth the Company’s commitment to protecting our customers’ and employees’ privacy, online and offline. In the event that any inconsistencies should arise with respect to this notice and the Privacy Principles concerning online privacy, the terms of this notice shall prevail.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Alister MacKenzie collects two types of information about users of this Web site; “Personal Information” (including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and non-personally identifiable and anonymous “Aggregate Information” (such as information about how many users log onto our Web site). Unless you provide it to us voluntarily or the information is collected via cookies in the manner described in this notice, Alister MacKenzie does not collect Personal Information in connection with your use of this Web site.
Please read this notice carefully to learn how you can verify the accuracy of any Personal Information we have concerning you and how you can request that Alister MacKenzie delete or update your Personal Information.
In order to accommodate your information request, we ask you to submit your name, title, company affiliation (if any), mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address. At your option, you may also provide us with the best time at which to contact you, the brands offered for resale at the company with which you are affiliated, and other relevant comments [if a comment field exists for the information you have requested]. By providing your personal information to Alister MacKenzie via its website, you agree to the terms of this notice and to receive communications from Alister MacKenzie.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will use the information you submit (a) to answer your specific inquiry; (b) at your option, to send you additional materials relating to Alister MacKenzie and products that may be of interest to you; (c) in the administration of the Web site; and (d) as otherwise described in this notice.
Alister MacKenzie may, from time to time, share your Personal Information with marketing consultants, in which case, the consultants shall be prohibited from using your Personal Information except with respect to assisting Alister MacKenzie in the sale of its products, and the consultants shall also be required to comply with the terms of this notice.
General – When you visit this site, information about your browser type, operating system, IP address, and the domain name from which you access this site (e.g., yahoo.com) is collected. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the number of times you have visited the site, the date you visited the site, and the amount of time you spent viewing the site. In addition, Alister MacKenzie may track your response to Alister MacKenzie’s advertisements, e-mails and site content, determine your ability to receive HTML-based e-mail messages, learn how many users open an e-mail and allow our service providers to compile aggregated statistics about an e-mail campaign for Alister MacKenzie. This information is used solely for our internal purposes in managing the site and improving its functionality, as well as to assist us in better targeting interactive advertising, thereby enhancing customer support and site usability. The collection of such information, whether by us or by data aggregators, is subject to the terms set forth in this notice.
Transparent GIF Files – In addition to our own cookies, we use pixels, or transparent GIF files, on our sites to help manage our online advertising and e-mail marketing. These GIF files are provided by one or more third-party service providers, based on our specification as to where they are used. The files enable our service providers to recognize a unique cookie in your Web browser, which, in turn, enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and e-mails bring you to our website and how you use the site.
Examples of the ways in which Alister MacKenzie and our third-party service providers use GIF files include:
- Tracking customer response to our advertisements, e-mails and site content.
- Determining your ability to receive HTML-based e-mail messages. This capability helps us or our service providers send you e-mail in a format you can read.
- Knowing how many users open an e-mail, thereby enabling our service providers to compile aggregate statistics about an e-mail campaign for us.
- Allowing us to better target interactive advertising; enhancing customer support and site usability; and providing offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you, if you have given us permission to do so by opting-in to receive them.
To conduct these or other activities, we or our service providers sometimes may link Personal Information you previously provided us (such as, for example, your name and e-mail address) to the information the GIF files provide about how you arrive at, navigate through and leave our sites.
The information we disclose
Subject to applicable law, we and our service providers (as defined below) disclose and share your personal information:
- Among Alister MacKenzie and its Affiliates;
- To unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Alister MacKenzie (Service Providers), and are required to uphold and maintain policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Personal Information;
- To a third party in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or division; and
- To other persons as permitted or required by applicable law or regulation.
Any access to such information will be limited to the purposes for which such information was provided to us or our Service Providers.
Links and third-party websites
This notice applies only to this Web site. This site includes links to both our Affiliated Web sites and to non-affiliated Web sites, including access to content, products and services of such Affiliated and non-affiliated sites. In some cases, these other sites are made available via “seamless experience” technology, and may appear to be part of our Web site. Although some of the entities controlling these sites are under contract with Alister MacKenzie, we urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked Web site prior to submitting your personally identifiable information.
How to opt out or request changes
You are entitled to request that Alister MacKenzie:
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Information that it holds;
- cease processing your Personal Information, in whole or in part, as you direct us, for the purposes of direct marketing;
- correct any errors in that Personal Information; and
- update that Personal Information as required.
If you would like to receive a copy of the Personal Information we have about you as submitted to us via this Web site, or if you wish to opt out of receiving marketing related communications from us, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know by sending a request to email@example.com, and we will make every reasonable effort to correct or update it promptly (unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request). You may also ask us to remove your name and other Personal Information from our databases. In each of the foregoing cases, we will make all reasonable efforts to honor your request promptly, subject to legal and other permissible considerations.
Alister MacKenzie may, in its sole discretion, update this notice at any time and from time to time, by posting the amended notice on this Web site. We urge you to refer back to this page regularly and especially prior to providing any Personal Information via this Web site. You can determine if this notice has been revised since your last visit by referring to the “last updated” legend at the bottom of this page. This notice may not be otherwise amended without the written consent of Alister MacKenzie.
As we provide more services on our websites and as privacy laws and regulations evolve, it may be necessary to revise or update our Privacy notice. You can determine if this Privacy notice has been revised since your last visit by referring to the “last updated” legend at the bottom of this page.
How we protect and store your information
Alister MacKenzie takes seriously the security of the information it collects. Alister MacKenzie has therefore implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the data concerned. If you are located outside of the USA, you should be aware that your Personal Information once collected will be transferred to our servers, and the USA currently does not have uniform data protection laws.
Alister MacKenzie is concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet, and will never knowingly collect Personal Information from minors (children under 13 years of age, or any other age defined under applicable law) [without prior verifiable parental consent]. If we become aware that a minor is attempting to or has submitted Personal Information via this Web site, we will notify the user that we may not accept his or her Personal Information. We will then remove any such Personal Information from our records.
Questions regarding this notice
If you have questions concerning this notice, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Alister MacKenzie LLC, 107 Surrey Lane, Lake Forest, IL 60045, U.S.A.
Alister MacKenzie’s Privacy Principles
Alister MacKenzie commits to the following:
- Alister MacKenzie only collects information that is needed.
From its valued customers, Alister MacKenzie collects information that will enable it to administer customer accounts, to provide marketing information about Alister MacKenzie’s products, to obtain information that may be helpful to Alister MacKenzie in administering and enhancing its Web site, and to fulfill any regulatory or legal requirement. We keep our customers informed as to what information we are collecting and how that information will be used.
From its valued employees (including prospective and former employees), Alister MacKenzie collects information that will enable it to manage employee benefits and related benefit plan administration, for human resources management purposes and staff training and for immigration purposes, as well as to fulfill any regulatory or legal requirement
- Customers must “opt in” prior to Alister MacKenzie using Customer information online. You have the option of determining whether to supply Alister MacKenzie with information that it may use for purposes of sending you information, whether it is sent through online marketing efforts, by telephone, by fax or by mail. At any time, you may “opt out”, and Alister MacKenzie will use its best efforts to promptly cease processing the Personal Information you previously supplied. In connection with the offline activities of Alister MacKenzie, the Customer may simply notify Alister MacKenzie in writing that it wishes to cease receiving additional information from Alister MacKenzie (“opt out”), and Alister MacKenzie will use its best efforts to promptly honor any such request.
- Alister MacKenzie uses security procedures and safeguards that it considers appropriate for the level of Personal Information our customers or employees are providing to Alister MacKenzie. Alister MacKenzie’s goal is to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, ensure the appropriate use of information and use professional industry standards to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Alister MacKenzie’s control in connection with its information management services.
- Release of Information. In addition to using customer or employee information to fulfill requests received from its respective customers or employees, Alister MacKenzie discloses information provided to it when required to do so by law or by a regulatory agency. In addition, Alister MacKenzie may share, as appropriate, with its Affiliates, with unaffiliated third parties that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Alister MacKenzie (Service Providers) (who are required to uphold and maintain policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Person Information) and/or to a third party in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger or transfer of all or a portion of a business or division.
- Alister MacKenzie’s expectations for its Service Providers. Alister MacKenzie expects its Service Providers, who may have access to Personal Information furnished to us by our customers or employees for purposes of providing services to Alister MacKenzie, to honor the privacy principles set forth herein, whether such Service Providers are accessing customer or employee information and considers a Service Provider’s commitment to privacy and security as part of its decision-making process as to which Service Providers it selects as its business partners.
If you have questions about our privacy notice, please e-mail email@example.com or write to Alister MacKenzie LLC, 107 Surrey Lane, Lake Forest, IL 60045, U.S.A.
This notice was last updated December 10, 2015.